Monday, April 14, 2014

Made in the USA: The Frye Company

It is hard to determine exactly how long, but I have had a pretty strong obsession on boots for a long time. I love boots of all types: varying heights, with heels, without heels, combat boots, western style, or whatever, as long as the boots are tastefully designed.

The first time I saw a pair of Frye boots in a department store, I knew I had to own them. I waited for the end of the season sale in case my favorite pair is on sale. It never happened. Turned out that it is one of the most popular styles which has a small chance of discontinuation as long as the brand thrives. It will never be on sale. Darn.

The following winter, I purchased a pair of Frye Harness 12R boots in brown.


The boots are made of thick leather and are very heavy; these are not recommended for people who love lightweight boots. These boots complement many different types of outfits for years to come. I would consider getting another pair in black.

The brand is now owned by a company based in Hong Kong, and some boots and accessories are made outside the US. Harness 12R is still made in the USA. I hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment