Saturday, March 22, 2014

Prefab Sheds: Studio Shed, Kanga Room, Modern Shed

My neighborhood has an interesting mixture of old and new homes. Most homes on my street are 1970s homes and many residents are the original owners. Down the street, there are more modern stucco homes popular in Arizona. Probably because of the large lots and overgrown vegetation compared to the newer housing areas, seeing different styles of homes do not appear disorderly.

There is an empty space in my yard big enough for a small structure. This space has a huge potential, but I am not really sure what I want to do with it. Building a covered outdoor living area would be nice. Having a separate workshop/guest house sounds even better. Either way, my biggest question is the style of the structure. Do I want modern style (like many buildings I adore in Dwell magazine) or an old-fashioned style to complement the house?

Honestly, the look of modern prefab sheds is incredibly appealing.
Here is one from Studio Shed
Kanga Room's studio
Modern Shed

With lots of other things on the priority list, it would not be happening anytime soon. It might take ten years. Who knows. Nevertheless, it is amusing to think about the possibility of currently unused space. First, we have to renovate bathrooms and 1970s style kitchen with avocado green oven and hood. I'm not kidding. I have avocado green appliances in my kitchen. So retro. It matches saguaros outside.

Link:
Backyard Offices: 8 Modern Prefab Sheds

No comments:

Post a Comment