Monday, March 31, 2014

Etsy Wishlist: Sloth Stuff

There are various animals I adore and are on my animal bucket list. I have different categories in my bucket list: things to do, places to visit, things to eat, things to see, and yes, animals to meet before I die. Sloths are part of the last list.

Here are some of the sloth items on Etsy:

Three Toe Sloth Plush by MillieFern

Sloth Ring by Curious Burrow

Happy Sloth Necklace by marymaryhandmade

Sloth Baby amigurumi pattern by chiwaluv

Little Sloth Necklace by marmar
Sloth Canvas Tote by squarepaisleydesigh

I guess the sloths have become extremely popular in recent years. Etsy used to have very small number of sloth related merchandise. Now there are 64 pages of sloth stuff on Etsy. There are, however, some items like T-shirts I have seen on other not-so-handmade websites listed along with really handmade items on Etsy. People have been posting increasing number of articles on how mass-produced items are showing up all over Etsy. The items above could be one of them; maybe I simply haven't noticed the same products on other retail websites. I hope not.

The following blogs are interesting to read if you are interested in what is going on with the online marketplace supposedly for handmade and vintage items:

RUSEtsy
EtsyTricksy

No comments:

Post a Comment